What is Custom Allowance?
Allowances can vary based on industries, companies offer custom allowances to employees. In the SalaryBox app, custom allowance allows you to add allowances that are specific to a company/industry.
To add it to your SalaryBox application, follow these steps on your preferred device.
How to Add Custom Allowance to the SalaryBox?
Follow the steps below to add a custom allowance in SalaryBox on your preferred device.
Note: Know that the custom allowance provided to the employees will be calculated based on their attendance and can be found in their salary slips.
1. Go to Settings once you open the SalaryBox application on your device.
2. Select Salary Settings.
3. Then, go to Manage Salary (CTC Template).
4. Tap on Create Template on the new screen.
5. When another screen appears, name the template and enter the basic salary percentage. Select Add Allowances.
6. Click on Add Custom in the top right corner of the Add Allowances list.
7. Name the allowance and enter the percentage if it is provided based on a specific percentage.
8. Enter the fixed amount if you offer a fixed amount, but check the Fixed option below the Amount box.
9. Click on Add Allowance to add the field.
10. Once done, click on Create Template to add the template.
To set the created template for the specific employees, refer to this article.
1. Open the SalaryBox app on your iPhone and select the employee name you want to add a custom allowance for.
2. Click on the three dots icon at the top right corner and click on Edit Employee.
3. Scroll down to the Salary Payment Info and click on Edit ESI, EPF, and Allowance.
4. Click on Add Allowance in the Earning section.
5. Then, click on Add Custom.
6. Name the Allowance and click on Add to save it.
7. Enter the custom allowance value in the empty field and click on Update.
8. You can also fill the fields such as EPF, ESI and Deductions and Update the same.
1. Go to the SalaryBox desktop application, and click on Settings from the left sidebar.
2. Scroll to the Salary Settings and select Create Salary Template.
3. Click on Create Salary Template again on the next page.
4. Name the template and add the basic salary percentage.
5. Then, select Add Allowance and name your allowance in the Add Allowance box.
6. Click on Add to add the new field.
7. Check on Fixed or Percentage based on how you provide the particular allowance.
8. Enter the amount/percentage based on how you provide the allowance.
9. If required, you can fill in other fields such as ESI, EPF, PT, etc. Then, click on Save to save the template.
Once the template is saved, you can set it to the specific employees in just a few steps. Check this article to set the salary template.
If you need any assistance regarding our application, you can contact our support team at email@example.com
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article