What is HRA in Salary?
HRA stands for House Rent Allowance and is provided to employees for accommodation purposes. The HRA amount paid to the employee depends upon many factors, such as the employee's salary and the city of residence. It is another type of allowance.
If an employee lives in their own house, then HRA is fully taxable. However, according to section 10(13A), the employee can claim the exemption.
If you provide HRA to your employees and want to add it to your employees’ salaries, then the below steps will help you.
How to Add House Rent Allowance in SalaryBox?
To add HRA to the SalaryBox app on your preferred device, follow the steps given below.
Note that the given allowance will be calculated based on the employees' monthly attendance and can be seen mentioned in their salary slips.
1. Open the SalaryBox app on your android device and go to Settings.
2. Select Salary Settings on the Settings screen.
3. Then, select Manage Salary (CTC Template).
4. Click on Create Template.
5. Now name the template and add the basic salary percentage.
6. After it, select Add Allowances.
7. Then, choose HRA from the appearing list and click on Save.
8. Enter the HRA percentage into the added field.
9. If required, you can also add PT, EPF, ESI, etc.
10. Once done, click on Create Template.
Now you can set the created salary template to the specific employees in just a few steps. Refer to this article for more details.
1. Open the SalaryBox app on your iPhone, and select the employee you want to add an HRA for.
2. Tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner.
3. Then, choose Edit Employee from the appeared option list.
4. Go to the Salary Payment Info and click Edit ESI, EPF, and Allowance.
5. Choose Add Allowance under Earning section.
6. Then, click on the HRA checkbox from a pop-up.
7. Click on Add at the bottom, and the HRA field will be created.
8. Enter the basic salary and HRA per month.
9. Now, click on Update to update the entry.
1. Open the SalaryBox desktop application and go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to the Salary Settings and tap on Create Salary Template.
3. Create Salary Template once again.
4. Now name the template and enter the basic salary percentage as per your standards.
5. Click on Add Allowance and choose HRA from the dropdown.
6. Enter the HRA percentage and set PT, ESI, EPF, etc., if needed.
7. Once done, select Save and save the template.
Now you can assign the template to specific employees in just a few steps. If you want to know how to do it, you can refer to this article.
For any support or assistance regarding our application, you can contact our support team at email@example.com
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article